Lindsay Lohan Released From King Edward’s Hospital After Chikungunya Infection
Lindsay Lohan was finally released from King Edwards VII Hospital on Wednesday after being admitted for four days after being infected with a pandemic virus, the Chikungunya that she got while having a vacation in Bora-bora, French Polynesia.
An updated report from The Financial Express said that doctors of the premiere hospital let the 28-year old star after her fever has subsided. She is still under supervision of a specialist who will monitor other effects of the virus on her body.
Though, fever has gone done, a report from Earsucker Entertainment News said that actress is still experiencing joint pains said to last up to three weeks until a patient's full recovery.
The former Disney star regained her energy very fast and has even visited volunteer group CSV Positive Futures in east London after her release from the hospital, according to Full-Time Whistle.
She helped volunteers in the organization in setting up their own website. On her Twitter, she solicits opinions from fans whether they like her ideas for the website or not.
"With @DrewWatsonAbell @csvpositivefutures designing website! What do you think www.csvpositivefutures.co.uk needs or should do differently??" Lohan wrote on her Twitter.
Earlier this week, sources like The Mirror reported that the actress was confined in the hospital because of the tropical virus, Chikungunya that causes fever, joint pain and fatigue.
She was accompanied by her mother, Dina in her entire stay at the hospital.
A source once said, "She [Lindsay Lohan] could hardly stand up, she was in so much pain. She was getting better, but with all the travelling, it wore her down, so the virus acted up again. It was like a relapse."
According to Health and Views, the Chikungunya (pronounced: chik-en-gun-ye) thrive best in warm countries like the Caribbean, Central and South America, and the French Polynesian Islands. It is usually transmitted through mosquito bites.
Statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that at least 1,600 travelers had returned to the U.S with the virus as of November 4, 2014.