Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Release Date, Specs, News & Update: Latest Important Updates You Need To Know
As the official launching of Samsung Galaxy Note 6 nears, rumors continue to swirl about the device's top-tier specs and features that are intended to serve as the Korean tech giant's defense against the much anticipated arrival of Apple's iPhone 7.
While some pundits think that the next smartphone churned out from Apple's tech labs is less than spectacular, Samsung cannot afford to stay complacent. If the recently introduced Galaxy S7 is indicative of what to expect from the Korean company, the forthcoming phablet flagship should never be less impressive.
Here are the key updates that tech consumers ought to know about Galaxy Note 6:
1. A familiar design plus IP68-certified Water and Dust Resistance Package- The aluminum and glass design from Galaxy S7 is likely to roll over to the upcoming phablet with the addition of a similar IP68-certified water and dust package up to 5 feet for 30 minutes.
2. Larger Quad HD Screen- Galaxy S7 sports a 5.5-inch display so Note 6 is expected to be slightly bigger. Reports indicate two possible 5.8-inch display variants, one curved and another flat.
3. Iris Scanner Technology- This feature makes Galaxy Note 6 an instant spy gadget picked up from Mission Impossible. Sam Mobile, however, has reasons to believe that a retina or iris scanner may be in the works following Samsung's purported order of Iris cam parts for the said device.
4. Expandable Storage- Galaxy Note 5 came out with no micro-SD slot that would allow users to expand their storage. As the expectation builds up, a micro-SD slot might be included for extra memory space in addition to the 256GB internal storage offering that Samsung plans to include in Note 6.
5. Other Specs and features- As per Gotta Be Mobile, Galaxy Note 6 is expected to have the following specs and features: Exynos 8-core Processor with 6GB of RAM or Snapdragon 823, Android 6.0 (or with Android 6.1 or 7), 12 Dual Pixel Camera with IOS including enhanced software & features, 5-8 MP Front Camera with f/1.7 aperture, fingerprint scanner, Samsung Pay, USB Type-C, rumored fold-out S-Pen Stylus which also serves as a kickstand, 4,000 or 4, 200 mAh Battery, and quick & wireless charging.
6. Will a rumored Galaxy Note 7 bypass Note 6? - According to a report by Value Walk, Samsung reportedly came up with a strange decision to completely skip the Note 6 generation mainly for marketing reasons as the consumer electronics firm readies for the iPhone 7 launch.
The US release date of the upcoming Galaxy Note 6 or Note 7 will be around August 15 according to popular tech leakster Evan Blass in his latest tweet. The decision is logical as Samsung tries to gain the upper hand in the market before Apple's iPhone 7 launching in September.