Asus Zenfone 3 release date, news and rumors: Zenfone 3 to launch next month, says their CEO

By Ajay Kadkol - 17 May '16 10:30AM

After the success of Zenfone 2, now the Taiwanese tech giant Asus's Zenfone 3 is coming in June. The company's CEO Jerry Shen reportedly confirmed the news. Zenfone 3 will be the upcoming flagship smartphone from Asus which was previously rumored to launch later this month. But the company CEO has now reportedly confirmed that the smartphone will arrive sometime in June.

Shen said that the Asus Zenfone 3 smartphone series like always will be targeting the mid-range budget-consumer market. However, he also added that the average selling price of the smartphones will likely see an increase as compared to the current Asus Zenfone 2 series. The company will be launching the devices estimated in about 260-300$ price segment and would also likely compete with Huawei and Oppo in the $300+ segment in China.

He further said that 90% of the Asus Zenfone 3 smartphones would be equipped with Qualcomm manufactured processors while the rest of them about 10% will likely run on MediaTek processors which clearly indicates that again, there would be lot of variants from the same generation. This is also a shift in the Taiwanese company's marketing strategy since till date we were seeing Intel SoCs in its smartphones until now. Shen says that Asus saw a 40% growth in the smartphone revenue in the Q1. The company saw strong sales coming from Southeast Asia, Brazil, Russia and Europe.

If the past leaks and rumors are any indication, the Asus Zenfone 3 smartphones will be also reportedly be featuring a fingerprint sensor which is a first-timer from someone like Asus and will run on the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. The handset would come out in a hybrid metal and glass combination. The new phones would come out in a range of colors like as always but however as of now, it's pretty unclear about what color choices the Taiwanese firm have in mind.

Fun Stuff

Join the Conversation

The Next Read

Real Time Analytics